Friday, December 20, 2019

Art & AI

Had an interesting conversation with my first born (FB) at dinner time. 

Me: Can AI be part of Art?
My FB: AI is already Art!

Me: Eh! No I meant can Art come into AI or do you think it can replace Art anytime soon? (Mind voice: maybe I am being too complicated with my questioning to a tween)

My FB: I know... And that is exactly what I am saying. (A little impatiently but with conviction) Making something artificial is art. AI now has the capacity to cook. Cooking is as much as art as it is science. Also, it is 'Art'ificial Intelligence... Even the name has art in it!

Me: ....... Mm mm...... Mm mm mm Right... (a pregnant pause and eyes wide open... Maybe my mouth too) I am grateful that I will never be your career counselor, as I am your parent. Wow! Wow!

I know some of you are wondering why I had to make a blog post out of this conversation and not just make it a status update message! That is because, her reasoning blew my mind and I wanted to record it for eternity for me to refer to it with ease, lest I forget it. It will also remind me of that feeling of being blown by the ingeniousness of her thought process. 

Another proud moment to be a parent to children who really think.

No comments:

Post a Comment