We had a company wide meeting yesterday evening that was addressed by 3 people: my CEO, a VP, and a product manager. All the three gave presentations, which they prepared in exclusion from each other, but somehow the topic that was discussed kind of overlapped. It was more on the fact about company vision, mission, and culture. Of course, it also talked about how faith/belief in what you do/follow and the passion for something that you want are important to bring sense to the work that you do.
Certain things that caught my interest were:
- It is not a grave sin to make mistakes. To err is human. No one is gonna punish you for your mistakes.
- If you do not fail in something, that means you are not doing anything at all. Only failures teach you to lessons that help you lead a successful life.
- It is not wrong to be open and outspoken. (Though my nature is in no way in sync with the point, it just did catch my attention).
- Accept your mistakes instead of trying to defend them.
- Do not fear failure. Having a detached attachment will make it far easier to cope with failure.
- Never give up. When you fave a failure, do not get dejected and give up the urge to fight back. Always learn from that failure and start thinking what next!!!
- Career progression is a MAYA. There is nothing called a steady career progression.
- Follow your dreams however wild they are. Someday, you will succeed in making your dream a reality.
My mom did agree with me, but unfortunately both of us did not know what would the course of action to resolve if such a situation does crop up.
Though these doubts are still there in my mind, the reality from which I was turning away hit me hard on the face and my attitude towards a lot of things changed. Today morning, I felt very different and nice when I started my day.