Friday, March 25, 2005

Marriage Preparations

I will be bonded in a wedlock in May. Preparations for the wedding are in full swing. Purchases are almost nearing an end. My friends and relatives do not seem to be stopping from gifting me something or the other. My brother gifted me a pair of gold earing, my Mom's friend has offered to gift me a jewellery set while my uncle offered to furnish our house!!!!

This being one part, we need to finalize on the relatives list, which seems to be a never ending job. Infact it is also very confusing and strenuous. Hope that gets done soon so that we can start off with the invitation distribution. March is almost come to an end and there is exactly 1 and half months for the wedding.

But in a way, it is a wonderful experience... to be a major point in the planning, organizing, and execution of various wedding related activities. I am not sure how many brides and bridegrooms will be involved in their own wedding preparations. But for me it is a very enlightening experience. Now I realize how true the saying in tamil is:

"Veeta katti paar, kalyaanatha panni paar"

2 comments: